Who is Lilith?



Is she a Goddess? Demon? Wind Spirit? Vampire? Cultural Force? First Woman? Archetype of the Dark Feminine?

What does she look like? Is Lilith a she, a Female? Hermaphrodite? Androgyne? Sexy seductress? An owl with a beak and talons? Or a hairy, indeterminate figure with the lower body of a goat?

Lilith defies description, there is no single definition that fits, those who have seen her, she wears a million different faces. Over time she has been all things to all people.

And that is the way it should be. She's compassionate or heartless, vengeful or benevolent, but she will always care. She is very personal, so yes, I will refer to Lilith as she/ her.

She will answer your call if you petition, in your time of need, when you're at your crossroads, the nadir point in your life.

She will advise, guide, cajole, assist but don't expect her to intervene directly. She's not like that. You have to want to change. It's her way of making you stronger, making sure you'll weather what's ahead.

So who is Lilith? For me, she's my Mother, nurturing, smacking when I'm out of line, she's my Light, my guide and anchor as I wander the earthly and astral planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment